If you have a family member with Alzheimer's, it's never too early to begin discussing options for Alzheimer's care from a professional team in the Miami, FL area. Whether they are in the early stages or later phases of the condition, a caregiver can help keep them safe, provide companionship and encouragement, and offer the everyday practical assistance they need.
Some additional reasons to bring in a caregiver include:
- To avoid a fall or accident. When individuals have Alzheimer's, it can affect their mobility. In fact, those in the later stages of the disease can have a hard time with walking or even just standing without help. A caregiver can provide the mobility assistance that's needed now – and in the future – such as help with bathing and dressing, getting in and out of bed, and more.
- To prevent wandering. Those with Alzheimer's tend to get confused and lost as a result. This is because the condition impacts their ability to recognize even the most familiar places and faces. A professional caregiver can supervise your loved one and keep them safe.
- To help them take their medication. If your loved one is on prescription medication, taking the proper dose at the correct time of day is critical. However, they might miss doses, take a double dose, or forget altogether. It's therefore important to have a professional you trust to help manage their medications.
- To reduce caregiver burnout. If you and your family are taking care of your loved one, it can lead to stress, tension, and burnout over time. With a caregiver, you can reduce the chance for this to occur. Instead, you and your family can simply focus on spending quality time together.
Learn More About Alzheimer's Care in Miami
If your loved one is one of 5.4 million Americans with Alzheimer's, Interim HealthCare of Coral Gables can help make the journey easier. We provide personalized Alzheimer's care in Miami, Kendall, and nearby areas from skilled nurses, therapists, aides, and other professionals.
During the process, we'll make sure your loved one is safe and protected, while also providing companionship and support so they don't feel alone. We can also adjust their care plan at any time as their condition changes. Through it all, we'll improve their quality of life and give you more peace of mind.
Our services are available in:
- Coral Gables
- Palmetto Bay
- And throughout the surrounding area
Call our team today at (305) 907-6887 to learn more about our Alzheimer's care in Miami, FL."